When the Army developed the Willys MB it needed a cargo trailer that would track behind the vehicle. The first trailer was called the "Trailer, 1/4-ton, 2W, cargo, Amphibian". The second version which was built for the Willys M38, was called the M100 trailer, and the third version, for the M151 MUTT was called the M416 trailer.
- The World War II version came in both the standard, and K-38A versions. the K-38A was a modification of the K-38 trailer for the U.S. Army Signal Corps
- The Korean War version, or M100 was also modified into the M367 trailer for the Signal corps. and also came in a plain chassis the M116.
- The Vietnam War version, or M416 came in the following modifications. M416A1, M416B1, M569 chassis, and V-498 trailer for AN/TTC-41.
- List of U.S. Signal Corps vehicles
- List of U.S. military vehicles by supply catalog designation (G529),(G747), and (G857)
- List of U.S. military vehicles by model number
- TM 9-2800 Standard Military Motor Vehicles. dated 1 sept. 1943
- TM 9-2800 Military vehicles dated Oct. 1947
- TM 11-227 Signal Communication Directory. dated 10 April 1944
- TM 11-487 Electrical Communication systems Equipment. dated 2 Oct. 1944
- TM 9-2330-251-14 Trailer Cargo 1/4Ton